Report south of Bay Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report south of Bay Bridge

Did a quick trip this evening south of the Bay Bridge from 3:45 until about 6:30. The bay was rougher than I had expected with the wind 10-15 out of the south east. Had several short hits on large plastic and finally picked up a couple of dinks throwing iron. Then about an hour before dark I found some good fish. Caught 4 nice fish and broke my largest off at the side of the kayak with the leader in hand trying to lip the fish. Landed two 24", a 28", 34" and the one I lost was much bigger than those. Probably in the range of 38". The trip was a last minute decision and I only grabbed one small tackle tray. The fist two fish were on my only white BKD's I had with me, but the big boy took that so I had to switch to chartreuse. I had fish three casts in a row and on the one cast I had three hits on the before getting the hookup. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.

Danny
    Attached Files

Nice fish! Too bad the big boy got away.

My last trip to BB last thursday it was intensely windy, with 2-3 foot waves. Like a washing machine around the pilings. Then the winds died and the bay seemed like a different place. Then it got windy again, ha.
    What you give, you become.

Comment

Did you launch for G dock or Matapeake?

Comment

Good stuff man... I need to make my way to the BB! I got a nice spot I have been eyeing!

Comment

thanks for the report. what dry top or jacket are you wearing? you like it?
          sigpic

Comment

Jacket

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
            thanks for the report. what dry top or jacket are you wearing? you like it?
            Its not a dry jacket. It's a grundens fleece jacket with waterproof sleeves and rubber front. I love it. I have had it for probably 15 years of more. I have a Palm semi-dry jacket that I wear surf fishing and some kayaking. Gret jacket, a well but I doesn't have the neoprene neck so don't go swimming with it. I don't know if the palm is still made. I bought it on closeout years ago.

http://grundens.com/index.php?page=s...mart&Itemid=80

Comment

gotcha, that sleeve looked like a dry type. gonna check out that jacket, thanks!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report! Awesome to see that you got on some of the big fish.

@Stupidjet- Those Grundens are pricey but great quality. They are very popular with the wintertime headboat/partyboat crowd. The rubberized sleeves and front make a good combination with bib pants.

Comment

Nice report. Nice fish for the yak.
                  36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
                  20ft C-hawk
                  14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Working...
                  X