Mouth of Severn, Monday 10/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouth of Severn, Monday 10/22

I had good success bottom fishing for perch near the rocks off of the Naval Academy two weeks ago, and wanted to see if the fish were still there. I launched yesterday @ 11:00 a.m. in what I thought was near high tide, but looked lower and going down to me. I had three rods; my ultra lite for the bottom fished razor clams on spinner baits, a bigger rod with a green gulp on a jig head, and a spinning rod w/ a Tony spoon for breaking fish which again never materialized.

I tried the rock jettys again close in and the fish were gone. Went out to the point where the tide was really running (out), and just a couple of dink rockfish, and one spot (which I should have live-lined, but didn't).

Found some nice shell bottom in the channel between the two 6 MPH buoys off the point and closer to the channel mouth. Between the northwest breeze and the outgoing tide, I had to work to keep the kayak in between the two buoys. Took me about 3 more hours, but managed four keeper perch. Had some bites on the jigging rod (probably perch), but no keeper stripers.

A beautiful and very relaxing fall day on the water.
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM.
Working...
X