Fishing Furnace creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Furnace creek

Did a little fishing in Furnace creek again this morning caught a few small white perch, rock and small yellows but these were the biggest of the day now i cant wait till next sunday to get back out

P.S the chain pickeral was on a 4.6 foot rod with 4lbs test what a blast
    Attached Files
    12' moken
    I swear it was the biggest bass i ever saw

I like it because its convenient I just drag my kayak acrossed the street and push it off my neighbors pier and I'm fishing think I'm gonna try a new spot this sunday
    12' moken

Comment

Nice! Looks like the cold-water species are coming out to play.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I live very close to Marley Creek/Furnace Creek right now, but have held off taking my kayak in them due to what I read about sewage spills in these creeks.
        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I've lived on this creek for 30 years and fished it damn near that long and have eaten the fish and crabs and I'm alright. Never been sick or had any health problems if you want to fish out here sometime let me know I'm always looking for a new fishing buddy
          12' moken

Comment

Originally posted by mdoutdoorsmen View Post
            I've lived on this creek for 30 years and fished it damn near that long and have eaten the fish and crabs and I'm alright. Never been sick or had any health problems if you want to fish out here sometime let me know I'm always looking for a new fishing buddy
            Of course, you'd better have a trolling motor because with those two extra arms he grew it's damn near impossible to keep up with him! Sorry, couldn't resist.
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
              Of course, you'd better have a trolling motor because with those two extra arms he grew it's damn near impossible to keep up with him! Sorry, couldn't resist.
              HAHAHAHA thats a good one i wish i could paddle that fast
              12' moken

Comment

Take a trip through WV and listen for banjo music...you'll paddle faster than you ever knew you could!
                LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I use to launch at a cartop only launch at the American Legion at the end of Carbide Road, at Solley's Cove. This launch puts you in Curtis Creek directly across from the mouth of Furnace Creek. I've caught a couple of good stripers there plus a lot of keeper grade wperch. I haven't launched there for a couple of years though. I think the launch is now owned by AA County Parks. I use to fish my way to the RR bridge and the Beltway Bridges. There's all sorts of old boat wrecks along the left side going out, big old wooden boats too. Lots of very old pylons too. There's more old wood structure there than you can shake a rod at. Never caught a pickerel there but heard of others that caught a few many years ago.
                  Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

We used to catch a lot of nice pickerel their in the two foot range but I just started fishing there again hope to catch more and all that wooden structure holds a lot of nice fishing
                    12' moken

Comment

Working...
                    X