Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Nice Memorial bridge 11-6-12 Drum,Catfish,Keeper rock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Nice Memorial bridge 11-6-12 Drum,Catfish,Keeper rock.

I fished the memorial bridge for the first time and had not a clue what i was doing. I PM'd another member for suggestions and he was very helpful. I followed his suggestions and they paid off. There was only one boater that showed up around 2:30p and fished the warm water discharge while I was trolling south of him.
    I watched him leave his spot catching fish and came down to where i was and he asked me If I was catching fish and I told him I had caught two 16 inch rock trolling. He then told me to follow him to the warm water discharge and proceeded to give me a brand new sting silver and showed me where to start my drift. I did as he said and even though he caught 2-3 fish to my one, This guy restored my faith in boaters sharing their spots. Any who here is the video

Thanks for the report. I need to give that spot a try one of these days. Glad to hear there are still some nice people on the water.
    -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

That's awesome bro! Thank you for sharing this person's good nature. It reminds me to keep doing good and being generous and I hope others will be reminded of that as well.
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Great report and vid!! Where did you launch from? Is the discharge hard to locate? I have never fished this area and might have to add it to my cold weather list!

MYT

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
          Great report and vid!! Where did you launch from? Is the discharge hard to locate? I have never fished this area and might have to add it to my cold weather list!

MYT
          I launched from Aqualand Marina at the beach area. They do have a ramp. The discharge is about 0.17 miles (about 275 yards) south of the launch You can literally throw a rock at the plant. Go to google earth and you can see the discharge just south of the bridge on the maryland side. If you have a FF you will see alot of humps and drop offs. You will also see large schools of fish just below the surface. The entrance is the last right hand turn just before the toll for the bridge.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'm definitely gonna check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post

MYT

You can launch at Aqualand which is just before the bridge when traveling south in Maryland. Not sure about price or anything. But it puts you just a few hundred yards north of the discharge. Just paddle along shore underneath the bridge towards the power plant. You will see the discharge, it is not hard to locate.
              Green Old Town Loon 111
              Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Glad you caught some fish- did you get a chance to fish the creek at the marina? I have caught some nice fish around the boat slips jigging plastic worms and small crankbaits- some really nice LM bass there- fish the shadows behind the pilings under the docks- slow work the baits and have the drag locked down tight- otherwise they will hang you up-
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                  Glad you caught some fish- did you get a chance to fish the creek at the marina? I have caught some nice fish around the boat slips jigging plastic worms and small crankbaits- some really nice LM bass there- fish the shadows behind the pilings under the docks- slow work the baits and have the drag locked down tight- otherwise they will hang you up-
                  I want to thank you again for your advise I truely appreciate it. No I did not fish the creek I trolled along the steep drop along the channel edge all the way to the water intake for the plant/ship docking area just south of the discharge. About 2:00pm I noticed some birds diving so I trolled thru them and that is when I picked up the two small rock. It amazed me the amount of schooled bait about 3-5 ft. down. especially in the warm water my FF lit up like a christmas tree. at first I thought it was mabey debis floating along because I wasn't getting any strikes at first. Now I Know they were small bait fish like perch,because later that day when the boater came along I watched him jig up drum,perch and of course rockfish. I was out there like a baby learning how to walk, but now I will concentrate on perch and try live linening also I am more familiar with certain patterns of where the fish are more likely to be according to the lay of the bottom in the discharge and what I was seeing on the FF. BTW I couldn't believe how fat and healthy these fish were. The one that I kept was a football.

Comment

That Blue cat you caught makes some really tasty fried filets- I plan to fish this weekend some where- most likely Piney Point or Point Lookout-time for the big girls to show up
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                    X