Big pickerel in the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big pickerel in the Severn

Last Sunday I caught a pickerel of 23.25" in a Severn tributary. This tied my best from all last winter. Today, I fished in another mid-Severn tributary. I only caught 4 pickerel today, but one of them equaled last week's beast of 23.25". Here is a picture of the one I got today. I don't know why the color looks a little funky.

The fish hit a 4" Gulp swimming mullet in pumpkinseed color.
    Attached Files
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Nice fish! I was out in Weems Creek this afternoon post high tide. I caught four pickerel in an hour and a half.Smallest was 16" and the largest was 18 1/2". The Storm 3" wild eye swim shad was the best producer. One fish hit the Worden's super rooster tail in yellow with a silver blade (haven't failed to catch a fish on any trip this season on this lure). What a great afternoon on the water.

Comment

Nice fish, John! You did a lot better than I did. I headed out around 1:00 at the peak of a really high tide. I swear every boat owner in AA county was tearing up and down the river. Some guy went by in a 40+ foot gofast. I could literally feel the vibration probably a quarter of a mile away. You can imagine the effect that had on fishing...
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
      X