Bay bridge report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay bridge report

Left G-dock around noon and fished BB and sewer pipe for a few hours. Caught a dozen stripers between 16-25 inches, almost all in shallow water. Lost another 3 or four fish as well. The first four fish plus two I lost were all single fish. Took each from a different piling. Seemed no piling held more than 1 fish. Found a good shallow water bite around 3:30 I caught 8 fish in about 40 minutes and probably could have keep working the spot and caught more if I didn't need to get back.

Great job. That is a good day's work for any boat -- to do it from a kayak is even more impressive.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Wow, that's a fantastic day! Congrats!
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Finally download my pictures from yesterday. Here are a few. Pretty day on the water.

Danny
        Attached Files

Comment

What did you use? Topwater? Jig/bkd?
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Good job. I thought of hitting the Bay Bridge, but decided to stay closer to home and fished Weems Creek. It looks like you had a great day out there. Lots of pullage.

Comment

Working...
            X