Sigh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh...

Met a friend at the bridge with the yak but he offered to let me try out his boat with him, so i transferred all the gear over and launched. Great weather and great fishing. Almost all 18+, except this one, which I brought to the boat but my friend was unable to land...any guesses on the length?

We caught probably 40 between the 3 of us.

http://youtu.be/LocWugtT5-w

Originally posted by FRED driver View Post
    Met a friend at the bridge with the yak but he offered to let me try out his boat with him, so i transferred all the gear over and launched. Great weather and great fishing. Almost all 18+, except this one, which I brought to the boat but my friend was unable to land...any guesses on the length?

We caught probably 40 between the 3 of us.

http://youtu.be/LocWugtT5-w
    I'd put that fish at 30-35".
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Wow! nice one
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

My guess is 36-40...I've landed a few 30s this season and this was an entirely different class of fish

Comment

Sounds like a good day any way. Great report. It's inspiring

Comment

It was definately one you want to catch, take pictures of and (if not in season), release. Hard to measure a fighting fish- needed a good net for that fish- the one that got away, the one that broke your tackle, etc. is what keeps us coming back
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Oh man, that was a nice one. I'd second your 36-40" estimate
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

That was a nice one. I say it counts: it was captured on video, witnessed in person by two other people, and your buddy got his hand on the leader...
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                  That was a nice one. I say it counts: it was captured on video, witnessed in person by two other people, and your buddy got his hand on the leader...
                  That's what I tell myself--I went for the humane boat side release =)

Comment

Wow, what a hog! Nice fish count too.
                    I went out to the BB on saturday and got the skunk, jigged the pilings , platforms and rockpiles with bkd's, then trolled the whole span of bridge with two manns stretch 15's with not a bite. Whole bay was a sheet of glass, warm, great day on the water.
                    What you give, you become.

Comment

Fish are deep (45+) and highly localized now; if you find one you will find many..went out with a buddy in the rain for about an hour this morning and we both picked up 26" fish before coming back

Comment

nice fish!

Comment

Hey nice fish. You had it to the leader, so its a catch. Thats fishing, just shake it off. CPR

Comment

Sigh, I guess I have to wait till I can manage a fish finder. Blindly stumbling on the pockets of deep water fish seems like a super-long shot.
                            What you give, you become.

Comment

Working...
                            X