No announcement yet.

Jan. 11, 2012 Weems Creek Pickeral Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information, John...I hope to try Weems creek if there is another organized trip. There is a public boat launch at Valentine creek, just not sure about the parking...could be a possibility in the future for a small scouting trip. I took my kayak out for the first time this morning on the Bush river. I got skunked, but the main purpose of my trip was to get familiar with a kayak. It went well...did not turtle, but I had one hell of a time keeping the kayak on my wheeled cart. The straps kept slipping, finally after weaving them through the holes in my milk crate, I was able to make it to the ramp.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
      Very cool. I can't imagine fishing that day without waders. I have made due in the past with some rain pants and rubber boots I had in my truck, but even that wasn't great. Just socks and sweatpants...

Nice vid, Langston. Seeing you stand up in your yak gave me chills. It was just like that scene from Titanic...
      LOL Foursteps24 had a pair of rain pants that I am sure would have come no higher than my calf! LOL Lucky for me my yak gives me a nice dry ride so my a$$ wasn't soaked!! It wasn't all that bad, honestly my fingers were the coldest. That in itself might keep me from using them next time!! Well that and they didn't catch me any fish! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
        There is a public boat launch at Valentine creek, just not sure about the parking...could be a possibility in the future for a small scouting trip.
        I don't think the ramp is really public. It is a private ramp for the use of community residents only.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Awesome video Metro and great report guys!

This was a nice start to my Monday morning!
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Good job. Save a few for the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
            X