1/12/13 - Pickerel Palooza Photo Trip Report with Wedge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/12/13 - Pickerel Palooza Photo Trip Report with Wedge

Much thanks to J.A. Veil and Turtle 135 for their kindness to share some excellent information.

These were the first ever pickerel I've caught.

Nice pick pics!
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

WTG man!! They are fun to catch!! I am already pondering my next trip out! LOL

Comment

Nice report and great pics

Comment

Nice going. I'm glad you got your first pickerel.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Wow, you caught quite a few! I guess Ill have to get back out there again soon.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice work. Those are some nice pickerel for your first trip. I think you'll find it addictive.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                Nice work. Those are some nice pickerel for your first trip. I think you'll find it addictive.
                Yup Bill, Pickerel sure beat getting skunked going after cold water bass. I was amazed how active the pickerel were. The pickerel would ambush and chase lures no problem. With the clear water conditions it was lots of fun and we had no clue what were were doing or how to actually target them. Having a wind free and warm January day with cooperative toothy fish made it a wonderful trip.

On a side note, I've come to the conclusion that I can pretty much catch any fish on a beetle spin with a 1/8 ounce jig and a 4 inch curly tail grub on it.

Comment

Working...
                X