Tog Charter Ocean City, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
    Nice catches, might have to try the boat tog thing one of these days.
    I'd be down for that...
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
      I'd be down for that...
      I just reserved a spot out of Delaware on a 10 hour Tog trip this Sat. I will see if I can catch more than just sharks this time.

Comment

Shady I wanted to take one of those trips this winter/spring. I say lets do it.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          What did you use for bait? Did you use J or circle hooks? Braid or mono on the main line? And how heavy were the sinkers?
          We use whole white leggers for the bigger ones. Green crabs worked as well, but in moderation. Hermite crabs worked also for smaller ones. Hooks we used mustad bait hooks 4/0. They weren't J... It had a slight curve to the shank. The line was 50 lb braid, 100lb 80 lb mono leader. The sinkers were 8 oz sinkers. The deck mate was using 10oz and it seemed he could feel the bites a bit better than we could.

for rigs. we had the weight on the bottom with dropper loops about 12" above the weight. They then tied a double hook rig in order to hook 2 hooks into the full white leggers... or we could use 2 smaller crab with single hooks or halves. The mono leader was nearly 5 - 6 feet long.
          Last edited by dson05; 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM. Reason: wasn't finished
          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

The Delaware trip was cancelled due to winds.

Comment

Great catch!

Go Pats!
              Fishin Bob
              Hobie Pro Angler 14
              Carolina Skiff 18JVX

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
                We use whole white leggers for the bigger ones. Green crabs worked as well, but in moderation. Hermite crabs worked also for smaller ones. Hooks we used mustad bait hooks 4/0. They weren't J... It had a slight curve to the shank. The line was 50 lb braid, 100lb 80 lb mono leader. The sinkers were 8 oz sinkers. The deck mate was using 10oz and it seemed he could feel the bites a bit better than we could.

for rigs. we had the weight on the bottom with dropper loops about 12" above the weight. They then tied a double hook rig in order to hook 2 hooks into the full white leggers... or we could use 2 smaller crab with single hooks or halves. The mono leader was nearly 5 - 6 feet long.
                Good info. I prefer using my own gear. So now I'll be ready for my tog trip. Thanks
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  Good info. I prefer using my own gear. So now I'll be ready for my tog trip. Thanks
                  No Prob Tufnik. Good Luck on your trip. I had a question for you. Where do you launch to fish the Roosevelt Inlet up in Lewes Delaware? I read somewhere that you and Moc went to a launch site where other kayakers were launching as well. It seemed like it was kind of like a marshy shore.
                  The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

For RI, there's only one launch I use. It's the boat ramp at the end of Front St (becomes Pilotown Rd). No launch fee. Drive about 1 1/2 miles northwest on Front St. I also launch from CHSP to fish the pier and the Inner and Outer Walls. Outer Wall is about 3 miles out.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Ha-ha Frettr00 your comment made me laugh. Anyway I have never caught a keeper tog can anyone tell me how the taste? Apparently they're delicious.
                      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Working...
                      X