I Got My February Fish 02/02/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got My February Fish 02/02/2013

This morning I met up with SurfDog (John) in Edgewater and headed down to the Tristate Marine Fishing Flea Market in Deale, Maryland. We got to the flea market at 7:20am and was surprised to see how many people were already there. We thought it opened up at 7:30am, but they must have opened up earlier. The morning was cold. It was 18 degrees , but the winds were light. Inside the flea market was smaller than the year before. I got a few items that I needed. Despite the flea market being smaller, it was good to run into many Snaggedline members. I even met some new members to Snaggedline and kayak fishing. Notably, I met two anglers from the eastern shore that I called frick and frack...LOL They know who they are. It was great talking to them and I am sure many of use will be fishing with them in the future.

It was good seeing Naysayer, Turfnik, Grady Black, Fourstep24, Memory Maker and others.

I did pick up this funny piece of crab art. You know the Crab Whisperer had to get it... It is a crab praying. Read the prayer....

After leaving the flea market, SurfDog and I went to fish from shore for an hour or two on the eastern shore at Martinak State Park.

Martinak State Park
    137 Deep Shore Road
    Denton, MD 21629

There, I landed a 4 pound 19 inch catfish on night crawlers on a top and bottom rig. I guess I got my February fish now! I hooked another one earlier, but it got off when I got him half way to shore.

Not a bad day. It was 28 degrees, but when the wind started to pick up, John and I headed home.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moc; 02-02-2013, 05:58 PM.

Nice catch Martin. I don't think too many anglers headed out today. I'm sorry I missed you at Tri-State. I arrived about 10:15.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I was at tristate marine this morning, check out my tidalfish report http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...ng-show-report

Comment

Moc that's a good one frick andfrack.Only you could come up with something like that.Sure was nice meeting you guys.Looking forward to be fishing with you guys.Nice catch you got there.Hope to meet more of you guys at the M&G in Feb which ever date that may be.
        2012 hobie outback
        2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Good meeting you and your buddy. I figured for fun , you would know who I was talking about

Comment

Nice catch.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Did anyone get some really good deals?
              Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

i was a little disappointed this year, less vendors and not that many deals. did see a ss grill that mounts on a boat railing for 50 bucks if i still had my cc i would have bought that. i thought the KI 1 last weekend was better got some 1/2 price stuff from a vendor i was hoping they would be at tri state but they weren't. not as many vendors there either.

Comment

Working...
                X