Made some lures. I wonder if they will work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made some lures. I wonder if they will work

Made a bunch of MD flag pattern lures to give to friends and pass some time while watching TV. Can't wait to see if they will catch. If not, they will still look good in the tackle box.

lures.jpg

Nice!! They look we'll made you could definitely sell them to some of the local tackle shops.

Comment

They should REALLY catch ........ good job

Comment

They will definitely work! I can see perch tearing them up
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Can't see 'em working in Pennsylvania! Too loud.

Comment

I'd bite it.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Those are beautiful, really well done.
              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

You should make a bunch and sell them at the MKF Flea Market on the 2nd of March. The tables are only $10 and I would pay 2-3 bucks ea. what is your cost for production??? I'd buy one just for the display or novelty of it. I"m sure most of us here would do the same. PM me as I am the contact here for the flea market and spots are filling up as we speak.
                Tom Brown
                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Thanks, all. I made the mistake of recently of contemplating tying my own custom hook patterns and making bucktails. So after a trip to BassPro to check out some things I ended up talking with snagged member "On the fly" who pointed me in the right direction for tools and showed me a bunch of tips and tricks which i greatly appreciate. Well a few dollars and a couple drinks later i have tied new treble hooks for all of the flag lures in different patterns as well as rumaged through my tackle box to see what else i can slap some feathers or fur on. I'm getting the hang of it but i think i might need to trim the feathers more before i put them on as they might be too long for the lures. They sure look cool though. Not sure about selling 'em yet but with the amount of materials i now have, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea. All-in-all i'd say it's $2-$3 just in materials for each of these depending if you're using GAAP methods or not, haha. As with most fishing expenses I use the "sunk cost" method of accounting. I try not to think about how much the gear and recurring expenses would be on a per-fish-caught basis b/c i'm sure it makes zero financial sense.

lures.jpg

Comment

Those are REAL sweet! Don't sell yourself short! If you ever do decide to sell them, you should ask $10+, It looks like a legitimate lure that would catch fish but more of a novelty / Gift type item.
                    I would love to have a picture of a nice yellow perch caught on this lure then frame it with the lure displayed in the frame! Damn... send me one of these things, I need it for my fish wall of fame!
                    Ivory Mirage Outback
                    Blue Mirage Sport

Comment

They look great.

Are you using a sticker or paint?
                      Jim

Hobie Outback
                      TKAA member
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

they are painted with vinyl jig paint. I am going to start trying to basecoat them with powderpaint as opposed to the white vinyl paint. If anyone wants some i'm happy to sell them for a few bucks to make back material costs if there is any interest. I think $5 seems reasonable. Basic stingsilvers without feathered hooks and the basic handmade ones i've seen are about $4-6. Heck, Bloody Point tackle has a plain in-line sinker coated one color with a plain hook for $4 at All-tackle. I've got a handfull of 1oz, and a couple 1.5 and 2oz ones made with both treble and single hooks already made and i'd be happy to tie new hooks if anyone wanted a certain pattern or all one color.

Comment

These are pretty incredible! You should most definitely get a table for the market. I'm sure you could unload at least 30-50
                          Ascend A10

Comment

I don't know, if fish are sensitive to tax rates and gun control they may swim the other way...
                            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                            X