Weems Creek Pickerel 2/6/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems Creek Pickerel 2/6/13

The fish are still biting, just not as close to shore after all the cold.

Here is my blog post detailing my trip.

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...nts-today.html

the closeup shot of you holding the pickerel is awesome. thanks for bringing up the team while I'm gone...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Good job catching those Weems Creek fish. They have not shown much interest in my baits during my last two visits there. Last week I started out as you and another angler were returning to the launch and caught only 1 small pickerel. In my experience this winter, if one angler works a shallow area, the fish shut down for at least several hours, making it tougher for subsequent anglers (or even the same angler working that area a second time) to do as well as the first guy for the rest of that day.

Please comment on the amount of ice in Weems yesterday -- could you work all the areas you wanted to?
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Zero ice except for all the way in the back of the creek

Might try to get out this afternoon too, I'd like to get over to college creek, but not sure if I feel like paddling across the river. Wish I could just launch at the acadamy

Comment

Working...
        X