Planning for a busy year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning for a busy year

Been a good bit since I posted on this forum. Glad to know it's still quite alive and well. Spent my winter saving up for some necessary items for the yak. Finally got around to repairing my favorite rod and buying a yak vest, seat and flag. Still need to decide on a fish finder. I rigged up my old hummingbird but the display is pretty much shot and the readings are inconsistent at best.
    Was able to spool up my reel with some fresh braided a few days ago and tied up a small grub to try for something off my pier. Was the first time I went fishing in months! Sun was shining and there was a very slight breeze. Absolutely perfect fishing weather. Was shocked to get 2 incredibly powerful strikes. Didn't hook up but I didn't really expect to. Just wanted to shake the rust off. The MD DNR fishing report hasn't been updated in a while. Anybody know what to expect over the next few weeks? If I remember right from last year the yellow perch will be moving into shallower waters soon. When will the shad run again? Gizzard shad infested the waters in front of my house last year. Apparently they are a trash fish. But I've never had more fun lite tackle fishing. Hope to make it out for some meet and greets this year! Hopefully since I'm a little better prepared I'll have more success in hunting down some stripers. Can't wait to see you all out there

Splitscreen
    Ascend A10

the yellow perch should be running now at greys run and gunpowder

Comment

Working...
    X