Beachwood 3/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beachwood 3/2

The board seems pretty light on fishing reports this weekend, did anyone else get out?
    Launched from Beachwood to yakfish the area yesterday. Fished 7-12 and caught 5 pickerel and about 8 YP, but only one keeper. The YP were caught in the cove on the other side of magothy bridge road. All the YP that I caught were males, even the keeper. All of them were milting, so the females should be nearby, but I couldnt find any. Here are a few pics:
    DSCN5252.jpgDSCN5249.jpg
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

I saw you as I passed over the Magothy River Bridge, heading to the flea market. Parked my car and went and fished from shore a lil bit near the bridge w/ no luck. Wind was strong & cold.

Comment

Yea, the wind was really annoying. I really only got 1 cast on a spot most times before having to maneuver back into position.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Minnows or lures?
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice report!

I was at beachwood after the flea market from 1-2 or something....with firemunkee and abumasgouf. Didn't catch a thing.
          Sun Fishin'

Comment

Did you guys haul you yaks down the path and then down the stair cliff or did you launch from a different location and how was it?

Comment

I used minnows on light jighead for the picks and minnows under a bobber for the YP.

There is actually a path that you can cart your yak all the way down to the water in the head of the cove relatively easily... well now you can. There was a tree that had fallen down across the path, so yesterday I brought a hand saw and cut it and moved it out of the way. Even still the place it really not Hobie friendly, I always take my Tarpon here since there is a lot of shallow water. As you are walking down the normal path, veer right just as you pass the tree that has roots growing into the path.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                Did you guys haul you yaks down the path and then down the stair cliff or did you launch from a different location and how was it?

Ahh. Forgot to mention we were just wade and shore fishing.
                Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
                  Nice report!

I was at beachwood after the flea market from 1-2 or something....with firemunkee and abumasgouf. Didn't catch a thing.
                  It was great to meet abumasgouf and Was fun to fish with these guys, despite the skunk. Nice Job on the pullage, Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
                    It was great to meet abumasgouf and Was fun to fish with these guys, despite the skunk. Nice Job on the pullage, Ryan!
                    Same here firemunkee!

One guy fishing from shore next to us had a little pullage but they were small. Most of the shore anglers were using bobbers (and minnows I'm assuming).
                    -Mustafa
                    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice going Ryan... i thought about going out but the cold and wind made me lazy
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Nice move cutting the tree! I usually launch out of ferry point marina, but dislike paying the 10 dollars for possibly a tough windy day. Thanks for the info on the launch from the park. tight lines.
                        What you give, you become.

Comment

Working...
                        X