Allen's Fresh 3/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen's Fresh 3/3

Fished for yellow perch and only one 9" white perch saved me from a skunking. Used 1/16 jigs and twisters. It was my first outing with my new humminbird pmax 170, so I did a lot of exploring but never saw any fish on the screen. Only used the default settings, though. I fished way upstream and downstream of the 234 bridge. White perch was caught in 6 feet of water about 10yards upstream of the bridge. Did find some 7-8 foot depths at the "cedars" area, but did not mark any fish. Saw no evidence of any spawn, so the yellow perch have not arrived yet. Might be similar to 2009 when I didn't catch perch there until march 8.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Thanks for the info. At least you didn't get skunked, and you found the famed hole at The Cedars. I'd love to know where they hang out before they're at The Cedars. I've been pretty far downstream without finding much.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I work right by allens and have been checking every couple of days. No yellows to be found yet. If the forcast holds they should be at the ceders early next week.Fish are at waysons corner for those who dont want to wait. I will post when I get my first allens fresh yp.
      Good Luck!

Comment

I haven't fished Allen"s Fresh yet but need to get out there soon. I understand it gets quite a lot of play when the Perch start running. I'm in Leonardtown and spend most of my time either at St. Georges Is. or the Lower Patuxent and Gold Coast for Rock and Trout.
        Fishin Bob
        Hobie Pro Angler 14
        Carolina Skiff 18JVX

Comment

I fished Allen's Fresh on Sunday from 10:30am to dusk, only a gizzard shad kept me from the skunk. The perch are not there yet, or at least they wern't there on Sunday. Hopefully this warmer weather will spark some movement up the creek.
          John

Cuda 12
          F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Working...
          X