No announcement yet.

Spring Rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering how you did, Ron. Congrats on the nice fish, and happy birthday. I should've tried a Rapala last time I was there. Thanks for the intel on Myrtle Grove, too.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Mostly had to stay in this weekend to catch up on some work around the house, but you inspired me to get out to a local stream this afternoon. Managed three bows in about an hour up to only about 11" but they all taste the same.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice fish... Happy birthday Ron.
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Happy birthday Ron!!

Nice rainbows guys, thanks for the report.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            They fought really good, too- I had several that jumped out of the water like miniture tarpons, shaking their heads trying to throw the hook- on the UL outfits they gave a real good fight-
            Trout are a lot of fun to catch, they're bursting with energy. I only trout fished once when I was in Canada a few years back and caught some brown and rainbow trout. They just dance all over the line, never felt a fish fight like that.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Good report and happy birthday. I tried trolling at gilbert run on sunday with small cranks and caught a bunch of nice crappie, but no trout. Then i went to allens fresh and finally caught my first yellow perch there on a very high tide. They are starting to slowly come in.

Comment

Working...
              X