Ft Washington/Potomac 3-23-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft Washington/Potomac 3-23-13

Well, it looks like we missed the action that was there the previous day. I had Fish with me...trying to put him on the blue cat action I had the previous morning. Of course, no such luck. It was dead out there, despite numerous fish being marking in the same spots I fished the day before. We used the same cut bait. Most of the boats around us were experiencing the same luck. I caught one small blue cat during our time out there. We fished in the afternoon...like 2-6pm.

It was a bit windy, so it was tough to hold position in the deeper waters. I used my motor to hold position as best as I could. We eventually anchored in shallower water, but still no love from the catfish.

It was fun out there nonetheless.

Looks like the guys had better luck up north at the bridge. There was a boat with 5 anglers near us. We headed in at the same time. They had about 8 fish on the stringer...that tells you what kinda day it was in that area. SLOW.

We'll get em next time. A monster blue cat is on my target list for this year...

I took some video...working on throwing it together now.
    <insert witty comment here>

Hit up the Woodrow Wilson bridge. First 2 bridge pilings from the dock. We fished the downstream side most of the day.

Comment

might have to give it a try next time...

Yesterday's footage:

Comment

Metroman, want to just thank you for helping me out and literally EVERYTHING. I am still determined to catch that big cat! Hopefully we get out again soon!
        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Oh we definitely will. I'll text you when I'm going out again

Comment

You'll get some, Fish.

Nice video MetroMan. Was that a double snag at 4mins?
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

At the end of the vid, I thought Fish had a cat when he was reeling in. That bent rod fooled me. Thanks for report.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Yeah after a long day of no action, the snags got us excited...false alarm.

Comment

despite your bad day, I'd love to hit that spot this spring. Let me know if u go again.
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I'll definitely be back. A big blue is on my list for 2013

Comment

It's alright Fish... I forgot to tell you that MetroMan likes to outfish those that fish with him the first time. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                        despite your bad day, I'd love to hit that spot this spring. Let me know if u go again.
                        I plan on going there again this spring. I still haven't forgot about contacting you for those croakers; when they start running, I will definitely be down there!

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                        It's alright Fish... I forgot to tell you that MetroMan likes to outfish those that fish with him the first time. LOL
                        LOL! He is a fine fisherman alright. Next time you should come out too and we can outfish metroman together haha
                        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

LOL sure thing!

Comment

LOL!

We'll get back out there real soon...weather permitting.

Comment

I hooked an estimated 25-30# catfish a hundred yards up from the entrance to Columbia Island marina. Was working some partially submerged stumps, with a spinner bait, looking for bass. Thought I snagged the stump until it started swimming away!

My friend, with the worst photography skills ever, missed capturing the entire fish. I have pics of the tail and the bent rod and that's it.

Great fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X