Slow day at the Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow day at the Wilson

I got to Jones Point Park at 7:00am, Mustafa and echo5oscar were already there and setting up. We hit the water by 7:30 in hopes of lots of catfish. Well, that didn't happen for us. I ended with only 7 Bluecats and 3 snags leading to break offs. 3of my fish were over 20" and 3 dead on19" and 1 19 1/2" I will let the other guys fill you in on thier catch.

This is the first slow day I have at the Wilson so I guess I will keep it on the list.

100_1176.jpg 100_1177.jpg 100_1181.jpg 100_1180.jpg
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

I ended up with 10 or so. 19-23 inches. Had one turn loose right beside the kayak, about 25"-26" long.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Well at least you caught a couple of nice sized ones. They might be moving up river.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I am thinking about checking out Fletcher's next weekendto see if anything is happening up there.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Someone posted earlier, about sliming his new yak. A 20 or 25 pounder. Can't remember.

Comment

Even though it was slow, I had fun being with good people and experiencing a new site...

I caught two
            Channel cat at 18.75
            IMAG0547.jpg

Funny story about this one... Jim and I were on the side of the pilings waiting for bites, he looks at my rod as it starts to tap and says "something is on your line. " I look at it as its bouncing up and down and I'm like "nah I don't think so" totally out of it... So I grab it and I'm like "dude your right!"

Moral of the story: Always listen to Jim no matter how zoned out you are!

Blue cat at 22.75
            IMAG0534.jpg

Here are a few more pics from the day... FYI I'm contesting one of Jim's catches... according to the picture I have, his catch was only 10 inches! (Hawg Trough was in the picture by mistake, turned out into a funny pic)
            IMAG0540.jpgIMAG0544.jpgIMAG0545.jpg
            Last edited by AbuMasgouf; 04-02-2013, 08:01 AM.
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Did anyone keep the fish? Although it was slow at least none of you got skunked
              Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Kept 4

Comment

I forgot to add the lesson I learned when I caught the channel cat... It's up top now
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice going! Jim always gets the bigger ones there I see
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                    X