Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Susquehanna River above Harrisburg PA (sorry not in a kayak)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna River above Harrisburg PA (sorry not in a kayak)

smbass3.jpgsmbass1.jpgsmbass2.jpgI fished this stretch for the first time Saturday out of a jet boat, however this area is kayakable, fairly fast current, so a carefully placed anchor may be required...although Im sure drifting would work, as all the fish hit the tubes as they were floating down stream w the current. Lots of snags, hangups, breakoffs, re-ties. Water was 41 degrees in a.m. and rose to 47 by the time we left @ 6 p.m. These are only a sample of what was caught. I have never caught such beautiful smallies of this size in one outing. I would like to return in my kayak. The PA DNR has instituted a closed season on smallies starting next month i believe...you cant even catch/release or even target them. We did manage a few on hard jerk baits in "clown" pattern. I have a decent video i may post if i can edit it.
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

That's my favorite place to fish close to Baltimore, looks like the Juanita river, did you launch out of river front camp ground? We always camp there, drive 10miles up river and drift till the camp site.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
    X