Skunked on The Potomac River - Blue Plains Area Sat 3/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunked on The Potomac River - Blue Plains Area Sat 3/30

I wanted to kayak fish but a friend pressured me in to his bass boat Saturday morning. We launched from Gravelly Point and headed toward the Blue Plains warm water area I've heard about. Water temp at the boat launch was 47 degrees and once we got to the warm water area, the highest the water temp got was 53 degrees...is that about how warm the water gets at the discharge?

We were fishing for bass (or anything else) with plastics, spinners, and crankbait and didnt get one hook up in the 5 hours we were out there. He marked fish occasionally but didnt seem to be much out there (or his fish finder wasn't picking them up). There were quite a few boats out there based on the parked trailers in the parking lot but we didnt see any boats in the area we were in (maybe they headed up stream toward Fletcher's?).

It was a little disappointing not to have caught any fish (my skunk has now lasted for the past week) but it was a gorgeous day to be out nonetheless.

Thanks.

me and 2 others were also in the same area on our kayaks. each managing 1 fish. huge bass tourny. 40% of the boats didnt catch a fish.. 15 boats had 20lb bags

it was such a hit a miss
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Spring fishing is feast or famine- spotty fishing- cold water bassin requires lots of finesse fishing techniques- pig and jig, super slow- slow rolling spinners right off the bottom- suspending jerk baits- and soaking big shad/minnows- all can produce fish- and when you catch one it has a chance to be a real whopper-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X