Roaches run 4/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaches run 4/12

On the water at 330pm with a 530 high tide. First fish was a snakehead, then 4 bass.
    Gave the snakehead to some guys fishing on the bank by the pentagon discharge. They let me borrow some pliers to get the hook outa the snakehead mouth because I forgot mine.Was off the water by 5:20. all fish caught on a jig with twin tail grub trailer.

Did you put in at the Gravelly Pt. ramp? How was the clearance under that bridge at high tide? I've been wanting to get in there to search for some crappie.

Comment

no. on the southbound side of the parkway is a parking lot where taxis and town cars wait before they go into the airport.
      there is access to the water from there.

there are some very good sized crappie in there. i usually find them real good directly across the water from where you can put in.

also i had a snakehead follow my lure right up to my yak and snap at it right as i was raising it out of the water. scared the hell outa me

Comment

Is there parking and free launch there? I usually launch at Columbia Island Marina for $5 or Gravely Point. Roaches Run sounds like a winner.

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good outing. I'm working at the airport the next two weeks. Is it worth trying to fish roaches from shore? What would be a good lure/bait?
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

i see a lotta people fish from shore there and on the other side of the parkway where the boat ramp is. i have done it before and used normal bass lures, spinnerbaits, jigs,
            plastics etc.

oh yea, there is a lot of catfish in there too. i frequently catch them on lures, usually when im slowly fishing a grub.

Comment

I was out there three weeks ago and got skunked. Which is very unusual for roaches. The Lilly pads on the far side had not come in. Are they visible yet? What did you catch the snake head on?
              Ed
              Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

If Sunday is nice, I'm going to try Roaches Run in the am.

Comment

An I would love to hot roaches for a couple hrs but I have kids soccer
                  Ed
                  Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

I have games on Sunday also......luckily the first one starts at 12:30.

Comment

Did youse it out to roaches? We're the lily pads coming in.?
                      Ed
                      Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Working...
                      X