Flats 4/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flats 4/13

Yakkinfish18 (Rob) and myself launched out of Tydings around 6:30. It was packed due to a bass tournament but we got out no problem. As soon as we got out of the marina we threw lines in to troll over to the Perryville side. It didn't take long for action, I had a missed strike and about 5 minutes later I hooked up with a big striper. After about 10 minutes of being pulled around we were able to get him in the boat. Measured 35 inches and weighed just short of 20lbs. Kudos to yakkinfish18 for assisting with the netting. Not long after my fish, yakkinfish18 managed a 20-22" (we forgot to measure before releasing) and about 45mins later a 24"! I had a couple missed strikes but once 10am rolled around the fish stopped biting. Called it a day around 11:30 since the wind picked up.

All fish caught in 7-12' using jerkbaits. I caught the 35" on a golden yo-zuri floating jerkbait (been working great on the flats). Surprisingly after all the rain Friday, the water was pretty clear and 58*. Pics below and I'll let Rob add his since he had his GoPro.

Cheers.

Photo 2013-04-13 01.30.11 PM(2).jpgPhoto 2013-04-13 01.30.11 PM.jpgPhoto 2013-04-13 01.30.47 PM.jpg
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

nice report! what a nice morning on the flats. a few boats but didn't see them catching any fish. a good 7 mile paddle for me. peddle for you.
    2014 Hobie Dune Outback
    2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
    Rob

Comment

Missed out some some good action...what a cow. Had opening day baseball with my son, wouldn't miss it for the world. Looking forward to some fishing Sunday and Monday.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
        Missed out some some good action...what a cow. Had opening day baseball with my son, wouldn't miss it for the world. Looking forward to some fishing Sunday and Monday.
        Where/when are you going Sunday? I'm not sure if I'll be able to go but I'm thinking about it.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Hey Denver...a few of us are going to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Sunday Morning for some blue cats. Monday, I am trying to stay local. I might hit the flats or explore around some docks and the railroad bridge on the bush river. I have not decided.

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
          Where/when are you going Sunday? I'm not sure if I'll be able to go but I'm thinking about it.
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by yakkinfish18 View Post
            nice report! what a nice morning on the flats. a few boats but didn't see them catching any fish. a good 7 mile paddle for me. peddle for you.
            Dang Rob, looks like your checking out the gag reflex on the rockfish in the last photo, LOL
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Hey Denver...a few of us are going to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Sunday Morning for some blue cats. Monday, I am trying to stay local. I might hit the flats or explore around some docks and the railroad bridge on the bush river. I have not decided.
              Gotya. Good luck with the cats. I may try local tomorrow, if I can get out it will only be for a few hours in the AM.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Sparky,

If you go to the flats on Monday, look for a gray bearded old fart in a blue Revolution. Dave
                Carpe Pisces

Comment

I'm in for Monday, but after work. can probably launch around 4-430 and fish until dark.
                  Dave
                  2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Nice report, wish I could have made it out there today.
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Dang Rob, looks like your checking out the gag reflex on the rockfish in the last photo, LOL
                      Lol it was awkward . I know you would of liked to have went but spending time with your son at the o's game is better quality time spent and they won!
                      2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                      2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                      Rob

Comment

Wow. Congrats on the nice fish! I'm hoping to make it up there next Saturday. Hope the fishing's hot that day....
                        Sun Fishin'

Comment

Enjoyed the report. Thanks.
                          Hobie Pro Angler 12
                          WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Thanks for the report. I'm planning on heading up there next Saturday. I'll bring my Yo-zuri's.
                            The photo's were inspiring!!
                            lol
                            2015 Outback
                            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
                              Thanks for the report. I'm planning on heading up there next Saturday. I'll bring my Yo-zuri's.
                              The photo's were inspiring!!
                              lol
                              See ya next Saturday then! Here's a pic of the lucky lure. Photo 2013-04-15 10.16.27 AM.jpg
                              Dave
                              2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Working...
                              X