No announcement yet.

Wilson Bridge 4/14/13. Same ole same old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit the bridge both Saturday and Sunday mornngs with limited time to fish. I started both days by trolling North toward the warm water discharge. Saturday I made it all the way to marker #6 just out from the dischared when my rod bent over. I reeled as fast as I could since the fish was swimming straight at me. All of a sudden I had a 30+" Rockfish next to the yak. I got him into the yak and he went crazy. Big fish flopping in my lap with 3 treble hooks hanging out his mouth had me rethinking what I had just done. My line must have wrapped around my peddals since allof a sudden he jumped and flipped right out of the yak X-Rap and all. No picture,no witness no proof. Well, thats how my wife put it. Sunday I didn't even get a bump.

I made my way back to the bridge and had slower days of catfishing but still fun and some more points for KAYAKWARS. Sunday Imet upwit some of the other guys and we spent time hiding from the wind and catching catfish. My best was a 24" I hit just after everyone had left for the dock. Icalledit a day and headed home by 12:00.

100_1230.jpg 100_1221.jpg 100_1228.jpg 100_1234.jpg
    Last edited by Rockchaser; 04-15-2013, 09:07 PM.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Shame you didn't get a picture of that rockfish would have given a few more points for the wars. When does the season open for rockfish in dc i'm not sure if it in May or not.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
        Shame you didn't get a picture of that rockfish would have given a few more points for the wars. When does the season open for rockfish in dc i'm not sure if it in May or not.
        I have no idea when the DC season is open. I checked GOOGLE and can't find anything.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

fished with my son this evening from the little pier to the north of the bridge. 3 cats on chicken, all chanel and 4-5 sunfish way to small to keep. Are the chanel cats as good to eat as the Blues?? Ranger came by checking for FL. He said that actually, even standing in Virginia, need DC FL but he let it slide when I pulled my Virginia FL out. Also, told me not to eat the cats??? I only kept 2 of the smallest. If I croak, let that Ranger know he was right. I will definitely will take the yak next time, looked to be a fairly easy launch.

Comment

metro....heading back down to Ft Washington???
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
              metro....heading back down to Ft Washington???
              I will let you know when
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Gizzard shad cut up into grilled cheese sized chunks, monster circle hooks, fish finder rigs, heavy weight on the drop offs near ft washington = river monsters

Comment

Working...
                X