Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wed Aril 17th Suskie Smallie outing by Statue of Liberty anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed Aril 17th Suskie Smallie outing by Statue of Liberty anyone?

Hey Guys/Gals... I am brand new to Snaggedline but have been kayak fishing for 14 yrs. Regardless, the Spring Smallmouth season on the Susquehana by the statue of Liberty/ Juniata river has heated up and a very reliable source rates it as the best it has ever been in over 20yrs. Over 30 fish a day in the 3-5 lb range. I am looking to make a float from Duncannon, PA down to Blue Mountain outfitters... or just put in at Fort Hunter/ or Juniata and paddle upstream a bit. If anyone has the day off this Wednesday just let me know. PS-if this doesn't suit you, let me know if anyone wants to hit Suskie flats/ NorthEast river for some largemouth along the docks or Stripers on the Flats. Just looking to get back into the mix along with a fellow angler. John B.

Im down for a sesquehanna trip but we will have to plan it on a weekend. I usually fish up there once or twice a year and camp at river front campground.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
      Im down for a sesquehanna trip but we will have to plan it on a weekend. I usually fish up there once or twice a year and camp at river front campground.
      Nice... lets keep in touch as the summer progresses. Most of my weekends are essentially 'Daddy Daycare' with the little ones, but I can clear a weekend day with the boss/ fishing widow!- John B.

Comment

Sound good to me, when you fish from the juniata down past the statue of liberty, do u paddle upriver to return to the launch site, or do you hae a vehicle down river?
        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Im down for sometime this spring or summer camp/fish. We go to Potter County alot and drive along that stretch of river.I have never fished around that area you speak of. I would love it! To me smallies are my favorite! Lets do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
            Sound good to me, when you fish from the juniata down past the statue of liberty, do u paddle upriver to return to the launch site, or do you hae a vehicle down river?
            Two vehicles (or more) would be nice. Maybe we can organize this. Or- for a marginal fee, Blue Mountain Outfitters which is located in Maysville (at the base of the CSX train bridge)-about a mile or two downstream from the statue of liberty will transport you/ kayaks etc to where you need to go. If you dont mind using their equipment you can just rent their kayaks for the day and have them do the work- check it out. John B.

Comment

Working...
            X