Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 4/13

*4/15/13*

Went out after work, arrived at the 225 bridge on a falling tide at 1:30. This was the first time I have launched from there and will never do it again on an outgoing tide. getting back was a little tricky in a few spots. I ended up getting one bass about 2lbs and a really big yellow perch. Made it down to about 200 yards above the steel wall. I think I will stick to the slavins launch for pre-spawn and spawn periods, but the upper reaches look like they could be good for snakeheads later in the season.
    Last edited by therevolution; 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM. Reason: screwed up the date

What made it difficult to get back? I'm looking forward to checking out this river!
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Low water can make a few areas drag through only. I have a small 11 foot SINK, so it isn't so bad. If you are gonna fish the steel wall area or below, you are better off launching at Slaven's. You are correct about the upper reaches being good for snakehead, caught a 4 pounder and saw many others up there last year! That is where most of the bowfishers go.
      Green Old Town Loon 111
      Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Yea, I was able to navigate it all without having to get out and drag the yak. Though some of the narrower parts just before you get to the bridge made for some very fast water and tricky to navigate with the overhanging trees and 7ft poles stickin straight up.

Comment

Yes, the upper reaches are gd for snakeheads in the summer. I hooked into a few there.

Comment

Working...
          X