No announcement yet.

Raffle Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron, i may take your advice and fillet next time... it was a workout to cut through that fish's spine... there are 2 reason why I went with the steak route... 1. I'm no expert at filleting. 2. My girlfriend, who is the big fish eater, likes to pick at her fish... last time I brought home a big whole striper, she cooked it whole and ate for like 10 days... I figured I'd pace her this time.

John, I would never cut a fish on a board colored differently than the lure it was caught on. I thought that was commonplace... no? just me? hmpf! you are all barbarians!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the game. Here are a few more pics:

I was netting Kevin's fish and didn't get a pic of it before it was iced down. Not only was Ron kind enough to share his good fortune, but he also brought the snacks and drinks. The weatherman was right for a change, and it was a good day on the water, even before we started catching. Skip was a hoot to hang out with, and I enjoyed meeting him after reading his reports for so many years. Anyhow, I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to catching a fish that size from my yak.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Chris Dollar's fishing report in the 5/2 issue of the Annapolis Capital included a paragraph about this trip. Ron, Kevin, Bill, and Mike are mentioned by name.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/sports...14c030dfe.html
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X