Pepe follows me to Thomas point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepe follows me to Thomas point

Yesterday, I launched from the beach at Bay Ridge. Paddled out to Tolley point, only saw a few small fish on the fish finder. Came back to the beach, stretched my back, and settled back in a beach chair that someone had thoughtfully left on the beach. After resting my eyes for about 20 minutes, I climbed back in my Hobie and set out to Thomas point light. No fish on the fishfinder until I hit about 35 feet of water. Then the screen was lit up. I trolled an umbrella rig back and forth over what looked to be large fish at about 10 to 15 feet. None of the boats around me had any hookups that I could see. I knew the bite would probably turn on when the sun got lower in the sky, but I also knew that my legs were beginning to run on reserve power. I headed back about 4 PM. Next time, I'm going to launch later in the day so I'll still be fresh at dusk. Hopefully that will make a difference. Oh well, a bad day fishing still beats a good day working. Wait, there is no such thing as a bad day fishing.
    Carpe Pisces

I recently talked to a few guys that were out fishing in that same general area. They had also marked a lot of fish and trolled over them several times. After a few passes, they stopped and tried vertical jigging, which worked for them. Maybe that is worth a try.

Comment

cast a light rod with either a storm shad or a bucktail/twister tail at the rocks around dusk and believe me, youll have ALOT of fun

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give both methods a try on Friday. Dave
        Carpe Pisces

Comment

Working...
        X