Point Lookout 4/26/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Lookout 4/26/13

Fousteps and I decided to make our first run to PLO in search of the first croaker. We had seen some reports of the first ones being caught down there, so we gave it a try. We fished with the usual baits. Shrimp, squid, bloodworm, and we had fresh alewive for stripers.

NOTHING. We got skuned. No stolen baits, no misssed hits, NOTHING. We launched at the base of the pier and fished a couple of the oyster reefs. We saw one undersized striper caught on the pier. Water temperature was in the high 50s. We tried both drifting and anchoring. It was a beautiful evening out there though. Mild temps, light winds, smooth water.

Heres a 90 sec vid I threw together

We will go back...
    <insert witty comment here>

With the longer cold temps this year, the fish have somewhat delayed their bites. Skunks seem to be frequent. And there's probably a bunch more skunks that people don't report. I got tog-skunked today at CBBT. Oh, well........we'll get'um next time.

On the positive side, you have a cool short and sweet video.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Hey Metroman, even though you got skunked, I enjoyed the video very much! Great seeing you (on the vid). I will be heading out there near PLO park this coming Saturday; I will let you know how it goes! Hopefully we can fish together again very soon!
      Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Went pretty close to point lookout state park. Started the day with very little wind, but coming back was impossible (think it took nearly 2 hours to get back). Bottom dropped for croakers and eventually after about an hour of drifting, started getting heavy hits (about 10 hits) but was not able to hook any of them! I am guessing that they are not active yet and not very abundant yet because of of the late spring. But I did get good hits at one location for about 10 minutes and then it just stopped. Headed home after that with some trolling but didn't hook any.

Hope we can fish together again soon Metroman!

Originally posted by Fish View Post
        Hey Metroman, even though you got skunked, I enjoyed the video very much! Great seeing you (on the vid). I will be heading out there near PLO park this coming Saturday; I will let you know how it goes! Hopefully we can fish together again very soon!
        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
        X