Severn River 5/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River 5/2

image.jpgThey're back! Took advantage of the beautiful weather and a slow afternoon to make my first serious trip out. I had lines in the water for less than five minutes and hooked up with a fat 22"er. About an hour later I hooked up a 16. Both fish looked really healthy and fought hard. Both were released with as little molesting as possible. Both were hanging over structure in 10-15' and hit a white/red BA on jig head. I was marking A LOT of fish. Looking forward to the opening day of keeper season in the rivers!
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Thanks for the report.
    "I own my own happiness"........ Michelle Obama

Comment

Way to go Doug. I'm glad to hear that stripers are in different parts of the river.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Good stuff. Looking forward to the perch taking up residence in the river again in a month or so.

Meadeo
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          Way to go Doug. I'm glad to hear that stripers are in different parts of the river.
          Thanks, John. I really was not expecting them yet, but I'm glad they're here!
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
            Good stuff. Looking forward to the perch taking up residence in the river again in a month or so.

Meadeo
            Yeah, me too! I'm building a new ultralight for this year's WP season. We'll see how it works out.
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Im also interested in building a ultra light rod and reel. Any suggestions from you guys would help lots.

Comment

Feel free to pm me if you'd like. I've built about a dozen rods over the last couple years. Not the cheapest way to go, but there is nothing like landing the first fish on a rod you designed and built!

Might be interesting to start a thread...

Check out Mudhole for supplies and ideas.
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                X