Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took today off, and was going to hit up the eastern Bay Area. Opted to stay closer to home. Got out on the water a little after 3 this afternoon.

Once out on the water I peddled to my first spot and made a cast. Almost instant hook up. I thought this is going to be an awesome day.

image.jpg

First fish came in at 25"-26" fat and healthy.

As I drifted down stream, I decided to throw the same lure out and troll back to the first place. Wasn't dragging it very long when my TFO/Battle rig bent so bad I thought it was going to break. After a lengthy fight, I boated this big mama.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Came in at 29 3/4"! New personal best.

Had a brief hook up that was just as big as the second fish. It pulled extremely harder than the 29"er. I couldn't even get it's head turned once. Then it came off. Once I had the lure in to inspect, there was a hook on the rear treble that was bent out pretty good. Time to upgrade the hooks.

About 15 minutes later, I hooked into my last fish. Boring.

image.jpgimage.jpg

After this fish, I kept getting small hits but never any hook ups. Was only out for an hour, but it was a blast.
    Last edited by echo5oscar; 05-03-2013, 06:24 PM.

WTG! That's awesome....What colors were you using?

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Was using fire tiger pattern.

Comment

Nice Job Echo! I took today off to fish with two other guys. They were looking for a good place to get some nice fish, but the winds made them choose Mattawoman. What general area did you end up at? Those are some nice healthy fish.

Comment

I was up around the flats area. I live about 30 minutes or so from there.

Comment

Nice fish!
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Nice carp sucker

Meadeo
              2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Well that's quite a damn good hour of fishing! I was wondering what that last fish was, but I guess someone else answered. Looks like a carp, but too flat and deeper bodied.
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Not a bad day. Were you fishing the same area that won you the Outback?
                  Jim

Hobie Outback
                  TKAA member
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I don't know what the last fish is. Fought okay, just thought I'd take a picture anyways.

You are correct Jim.

I think I am hooked on these nice stripers with that medium action/3000 series penn battle spooled with 8lb mono. It's like crack.
                    Last edited by echo5oscar; 05-03-2013, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Awesome going bro! What was the lure you were using? (I saw the color up top, I was wondering about the make)
                      -Mustafa
                      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Man, good fishing!
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I was amped! First keeper sized striper, won the Calcutta at the jamboree and then yesterday caught one the same size, and one quite a bit bigger and heavier. First three keeper size rockfish. Not a bad start for keeper size!

Mustafa, I was using a shallow diving crank bait.

Comment

Nice going Nathan! The last fish looks like a chubsucker but I've never seen one that big.

Comment

Working...
                            X