5/3/2013 Mattawoman Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/3/2013 Mattawoman Creek

Finaddict and his friend Matt and I went to Mattawoman this morning. We were going to try for the Eastern Bay, but the winds made Finaddict opt for Mattawoman instead.

The weather was beautiful. Sunny skies and light winds, but they would steadily increase throughout the morning. The temperature would start off around 50 degrees and end up about 70 degrees at the peak of the day. We first anchored and fished up to the point to the right of the ramp. I caught two small bluecats and Matt drew first blood with a small bluecat. The fishing was not very hot. So we left and started to head to the left of the ramp to the sunken barge and gravel islands. We beached our yaks and fished from the islands using shrimp, chicken tenders, and night crawlers. For awhile I was getting a lot of action on with the chicken tenders. I caught some channel and blue cats that I gave to Matt. Harry also caught a keeper channel cat and a fat blue cat, maybe around 20 inches. By noon we called it quits and headed back to the ramp with the wind at our back on an incoming tide that helped us along the way to shore.

It was good fishing with Matt and Finaddict since it has been awhile. It was also good to see Steve, a new MKF member, with his orange Tarpon 120. On the way back home Matt, Harry and myself stopped in at Grinder's Seafood for some lunch. Great prices and nice people. Well, another nice day for the books.
    Attached Files

Looks like you guys had a nice cat fish outing. Did you see any SH?

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

did the nested goose (on the island) hiss at you
      Captian of the plastic Navy
      1 - Mad River Canoes
      1- Tarpon 120
      1- Redfish 10
      1- Coosa HD
      2- Cuda 12
      1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

No Snakeheads, but I ran into an angler launching in a jon boat that gave us a look at his plastics that he said the snakeheads like. I will have to buy some and try them.

Comment

Love those blue cats. It's pretty much a guarantee you'll never get shut out if you're targeting them.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
          X