5-3-13 Lower Marlboro Pax River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-3-13 Lower Marlboro Pax River

Was going to hit the rose haven area, but the combination of a small craft advisory and a sit-in kayak made me decide to hit the river instead. Put in at the Lower Marlboro fishing pier - 7:30 am. Since I had prepped for bay trolling, my box was light on live bait. Got out anyway to try the new fish finder. Lowrance x-4, suction cup mount. First stuck it on the side with the cup, but it kept popping off. Eventually pulled in @ Marguder Ferry, and stuck it on the back using the paddle leash as a bungie. That worked, needed the high noise setting to see anything but black. Spotted quite a few contacts, tried jigging with both white and yellow bucktails, also trolling around a little, no strikes...

The wind picked up pretty bad, but the river was narrow there, so waves were not bad. The bay would have been bad. Eventually got tired of fight to track, and headed in.

tldr; skunked but learned stuff - Always bring worms, suction cups suck, and I still need to learn how to read the ff.
    Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches
Working...
X