Smith Lake 5.4.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Lake 5.4.13

I went to Backyardboat to exchange out my new Outback for one that had no scratches. The guys there were great and traded it out quickly with no issues. I also had them add turbo fins and a bigger rudder at the same time. Since I was already in Va. I decide to go to Smith Lake and fish with GFY1979. He helped me unload the yak (its heavy) I still need to figure out what to get for a car carrier for that yak. This being the maiden voyage was very exciting. I hit the water and fiddled around for about 5 minutes adjusting the mirage drive and figuring out how to lock it in place. Once that was done it was awesome peddling it around. I loved the hands free fishing. I managed to hook up about 12+ bass in the 12" range and cover the entire lake pretty much in the 3 hrs. there.

IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1841.jpg

Outback 2015
    Maui

Nice Goody, it's a blast being on that outback. A few moments of trial and error and I was on my way also. Looks like you had some topwater action with that popper on your rod? Glad to see GFY1979 is still in the loop, hopefully the corp doesn't know how much fishing he's been doing, lol.
    We all should hook up again some time.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
    X