Piscataway Creek 5/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piscataway Creek 5/5

Fished this past Sunday from about 10:30 - 5pm in Piscataway Creek. We had fished here once before briefly from a boat last year and it seemed like it would be a good spot to try on a kayak. At first we went upstream and fished the spatterdock for bass and snakeheads. There were some spawning carp there, but no signs of snakehead and nothing caught after a couple hours so we headed downsteam toward the islands. There I caught 8 largemouth (7 of them ranged 15 to 17 inches) and one very aggressive sunfish. All of the fish were caught on a crankbait.
    Attached Files

Good Job! Nice Largemouth!
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice Fish!! where is the launch and where is the creek, Not familiar with the location? Thanks

Comment

Nice bass!

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
        Nice Fish!! where is the launch and where is the creek, Not familiar with the location? Thanks
        Just south of Ft Washington off of 210. Theres a launch on Farmington Rd and a marina (5$) off Old Fort Rd that you can launch from.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          Farmington landing in Piscataway park. free and easy launch site.

Comment

I love fishing there. Go around the point just past the islands and you're in Calvert Cove. I caught 3 species (LM Bass, Blue Cat, Yellow Perch) on three casts with one crankbait there last year.

Comment

What did you use for the bass? I tried with a popper last time I was there since it was so shallow, but didn't have any luck.
              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by bassomatic76 View Post
                Farmington landing in Piscataway park. free and easy launch site.
                Bill and I had a great day there last year. Bank fishermen were a hoot... surprisingly efficient cornhole players for their level of intoxication.
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

All of the bass were caught on the crankbait that is in the picture with the sunfish. I tried a plastic lizard as well, but it did not produce any hits. The cornhole players were out that day. One of them was calling himself the Michael Jordan of cornhole. He was good, but not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by bassomatic76 View Post
                    All of the bass were caught on the crankbait that is in the picture with the sunfish. I tried a plastic lizard as well, but it did not produce any hits. The cornhole players were out that day. One of them was calling himself the Michael Jordan of cornhole. He was good, but not that good.
                    Of course, you likely never saw Michael Jordan playing while that intoxicated, LOL

Comment

Is this a good place for land lubbers? Got a bunch of friends who doesnt have a kayak?

Comment

Better for cornhole and beer drinking than fishing.....you need a long surf rod as it is so shallow for so long. Better is the fishing peir at the Piscataway National Colonial farm just a few miles away. Easy access to deeper water..right across the river from Mt Vernon.

Comment

Working...
                        X