Eastern Bay - 5/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Bay - 5/10

Hit Eastern Bay for a few hours this morning. It was like glass out there for a while and I threw some topwater with no interest. Began to troll the drop offs and marked a bunch of bait on the fish finder. Hooked up with a bunch of small stripers mostly around the 15'' range. The hot lure today was a chrome rattletrap that I was trolling and I also had a 6'' storm swim shad out but got no hits on that. I tried to jig when I found a good concentration of fish with only one fish to show for it. The tide never really started ripping like I had hoped and I covered a bunch of ground but couldn't get away from the dinks. Overall a good day with small fish but I wasn't complaining as I caught a few nice ones on a buddy's boat last week.
    IMG_4013.jpgIMG_4011.jpgIMG_3974.jpg
    Shane
    Hobie Outback

Nice report. It looks like the small Stripers were pretty fat and healthy at least.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Where were you going out of? I did basically the same thing out of Holland Point, ~7-12am but got skunked. Trolling 6" storm shad and yellow double-bucktails.

Plenty of contacts on the FF ... Don't know if they were fish or not, since I've been skunked every time I used it.
      Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches

Comment

I launched from Shipping Creek on Kent Island. They were all smaller fish and were hitting the smaller Rattle trap, no hits on the bigger storm shad.
        Shane
        Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
        X