Susquehanna Perch off Lapidum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna Perch off Lapidum

Fished the Susquehanna this afternoon out of Lapidum Boat Launch. Beautiful weather and a nice slow roll on the river. Paddled out to a fellow yaker who was also a forum member....KayakTony....dynamite guy! Difted a few times with good results, mostly small white perch with a few keepers. Finally met up with KayakTony a few 100 yards north and dropped anchor. He was nice enough to share the honey hole of the day.

It's amazing what a school of white perch look like on a fishfinder, their is no mistaking it! Great action for the next few hours, caught close to forty perch and had 10 keepers. Most of my perch had not spawned yet. Also caught a few cats, one was cute enough to keep...on to the stringer she went. All perch were caught on a top and bottom rig with night crawler. I got greedy and fished two rods at once, but it became too cumbersome. Winds started to pick up with some spotty white caps and decided to call it a day. Man, that outback is like a snow plow going through the waves, good stuff!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Somebody's having a damn fine dinner tonight! Thanks for the report. I wonder how much longer theyll be around
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice report Jeremy and nice stringer, sorry I missed your call. I might be up for this weekend if weather permitting if anyone wants to meet up.
      Dave
      2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Glad to hear that the fish continued biting after I left. I think I ended up with about a dozen between 9 and 12 inches. Had a good time fishing with you. Hopefully the run will continue for a couple more weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the report guys. What depth did you find to be successful and what temps were you seeing? I've fished Lapidum a couple of times and it'd pretty rocky and "snaggy" down there right?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Water temps were around 66 degrees. I was catching them between depths of 11 and 17 feet, but it looked like they were everywhere no matter the depth.

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
            Thanks for the report guys. What depth did you find to be successful and what temps were you seeing? I've fished Lapidum a couple of times and it'd pretty rocky and "snaggy" down there right?
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Most of the larger fish I caught were in 11-12 feet. I was down river about fifty yards from the double rocks between lapidum and port deposit. The water temp was around 67. I would drift until I hit some, then I would anchor up. The fishing was the best about 3 hours after high tide.

Comment

I may have seen you guys as I was fishing several spots from shore on friday...when, after weedwacking the yard...I couldn't get the mower to start. I wished I had brought my yak w/me but I still caught a bunch of wp plus some hickories(c&r).

Comment

Working...
                X