The Spot Are Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spot Are Here!

last night i went night fishing on my pier. got 2 nice perch and while i was checking a rod (it never got hit) it had a 8 inch spot on one hook and this alien lookin fish on the other hook. i later founder out it was a spotted hake. never caught one in the bay but they are everywhere in nc.( i caught the spot and spotted hake in the south river)

today i fished on my pier and got about 25 nice perch from 7-12 inches. all were on hand tied bottom rigs with 2 dropper loops and either 15 pound flouro or 30 pound mono.

i fished in my kayak 3 times this week and each time i have caught fish all around the mouth of the south river. mainly i have been perch fishing with minnows under bobbers around grassy shorelines/docks. and also with my ultra light and a small spinner/twister tail.

ive also done alot of trolling with 1/8 and 1/4 ounce rattle traps and small tony spoons and have been hammering perch and rock. most of the perch are 5-11 inches with a few over that. also many many many rock from 5 to 15 inches. even though they are small they are a blast on ultra light.

i also caught one crab in my crab pot today that was 5 inches. only one but at least they are here!

nice sized rock are hitting in the shallows around dusk as well. none on topwater yet but i have caught about 15 this week using a 3/4 ounce rattle trap or a pearl storm swim shad in a 6 inch size.

good luck!
    -Andrew

IMG_20130509_191945_684.jpgIMG_20130509_193838_095.jpgIMG_20130510_213006.jpgIMG_20130510_211506_073.jpgIMG_20130510_211536_903.jpg
    Last edited by kayak456; 05-11-2013, 09:02 PM.

Thanks for the report Andrew,
    its very much appreciated..

GB

Comment

Thanks for the report. I need to take my neighbor kids to fishing (because they are asking). I guess I can take them to Severn River for WP now

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
        Thanks for the report. I need to take my neighbor kids to fishing (because they are asking). I guess I can take them to Severn River for WP now

Joe
        Joe, that report was from the South River. Check John V's report for the Severn. Not much happening yet.
        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
        X