Mallows Bay 5/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallows Bay 5/12

Fished Mallows again Sunday. Launched at 0700 to calm and clear conditions. Boy did that change. About 0800 or so the wind went from zero to 15+ mph.. Loads of fun. Started out fishing the sheltered shorelines and then moved out to the ships. Had to use an anchor and a stake out pole to hold position while picking apart the cover. Threw the kitchen sink at 'em and managed a few bass, one little snakehead, a few crappie, some small bluegills, a yellow perch and some channel cats. Last fish of the day was a suprise.... 26 inch channel cat on a spinner bait! Not the first time this has happened but I knew for sure I had another big snakehead when he hit, boy was I surprised! Best bait for the bass was a texas rigged creature bait fished off the bow/stern of the ships in shallow water. Left around 7pm with the wind still blowing.

One of the better bass. Most were 13-15 inches

Channel cat that hit my spinnerbait

Oh, and my monster snakehead..

Wow micro-snakehead. I've never seen one so small.

Comment

Nice work in those conditions... would totally keep one that size in a fish tank if it was legal

Comment

Nice job at Mallows Wayne. You got a good variety and boy did you stay out there long in those conditions. It seemed to pay off. What did you do with the micro snakehead?

Comment

Nice fishin and report. I'm sure you could get a decent little scrap of meat off that little snakehead. The one I got yielded a nice filet for it's size.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice report & props for hanging in there despite the wind. My last sh of '12 measured 8.5". Even the lil ones taste great! Mallows Bay is one of my fav places for paddling/fishing...in fact, I may even go there this friday.

Comment

Nice going Chimo... you probably got that SH out of the biomass before it had a chance to reproduce.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
              X