susky flats report 5/19/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• susky flats report 5/19/13

met up with sparky,shady,davefx35 at tydings. id have to say it was a bit choppy out and windy and a ton of bass boats. we all caught fish despite the conditions. the bite seemed to be good early am but still caught fish here n there. shady caught a fat channel cat while trolling. nice cat! most of us had a keeper striper, thanks to Jeremy. lol called it quits as it was getting nice n calm n not windy go figure,dave stayed longer and was still catching fish. it was nice meeting shady. it was another great day to be fishing even tho it wasn't great out.
    2014 Hobie Dune Outback
    2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
    Rob

Rob, it was nice to meet you at the meet and greet yesterday, are you able to fish the flats tomorrow ?

Comment

nice meeting you as well. ill be there but in the afternoon
      2014 Hobie Dune Outback
      Rob

Comment

Nice meeting you Rob and Dave too and also nice to fish with Jeremy again. I'm pretty sure that was the biggest bass tournament I've ever been caught in the middle of.
        I didn't tear them up, but I'm satisfied with my results. I'll share some pics here because I don't feel like starting a new thread
        DSCN5397.jpgDSCN5391.jpgDSCN5388.jpg
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

There is something wrong with that catfish, LOL. Had a good time, we didn't slay them but no one came home empty handed. Our launch was a wild ride...makes me want to get another flag.

Some pics...rockfish with tomato concasse, capers, shrooms in a lemon butter sauce (licking fingers)
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

[QUOTE=rockfish with tomato concasse, capers, shrooms in a lemon butter sauce (licking fingers)[/QUOTE]

That looks REAL good!
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Looks good Jeremy! I lost track of how many I caught. Maybe 15? Most between 15"-19" and kept a slob 26".

260324_10200729000523283_28504213_n.jpg water on the lense.

I trolled about 15 miles from 0700 to about 1500 using xraps. All caught between 7-14'. New Shimano tekota setup rocked today! No missed hit or lost fish.

Echo5oscar joined me for a bit and was hitting 'em pretty hard too. No sign of the 30" though

I'm game again wednesday or thursday this week after 4 if anyone is down.
              Dave
              2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                There is something wrong with that catfish, LOL. Had a good time, we didn't slay them but no one came home empty handed. Our launch was a wild ride...makes me want to get another flag.

Some pics...rockfish with tomato concasse, capers, shrooms in a lemon butter sauce (licking fingers)
                Recipe........
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Bloody yak! Nice. Just filet mine and now I think I know how I'd like to prep it. Yummy!
                  2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                  Rob

Comment

That's what I'm talking about! FRom the water to the dinner table in style!
                    -Mustafa
                    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice going guys... wow, that's a fat cat! What were you troling that caught it?
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                        Nice going guys... wow, that's a fat cat! What were you troling that caught it?
                        Xrap Magnum 10, yea that was one crazy cat! First one rod slammed down that ended up being snagged. Then, seconds later the other slams down. For a split second I thought I had on two huge fish. Maybe the lure getting snagged slowed the other one down enough for the cat to decide to grab it.
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

In years past, all the big girls were gone by this time. A 27" fish right now is a big one. This year may be different because they seem so late...by mid june they are hard to come by, but LMB picks up.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                          Alan

Comment

That looks like an amazing dish. Need to do some research on cooking fish!

Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                              In years past, all the big girls were gone by this time. A 27" fish right now is a big one. This year may be different because they seem so late...by mid june they are hard to come by, but LMB picks up.
                              I think some big gals are still up by the dam, If you hit it right on the day they head back out, I have a feeling some really big fish could be caught still...
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X