patuxent river catfishing report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patuxent river catfishing report

well we went on a 12 mile canoe trip this weekend on the patuxent. armed with 3 rods and a pound of shrimp i got to fishing as soon as we set up camp. i brought our 2 livelining rods (bait runner reels) with fishfinder rigs .......and my calcutta on a 7 foot teramar with a bottom rig . i caught 8 catfish total with the biggest at 25 inches. im not sure what kind of catfish they were though... it was my second time catfishing ever but they sure do put up a good fight!! most were around 15-20 inches. freshwater fishing was alright but salt is still my favorite.

forgot to add that i accidently stepped on one and the spine went through my sperrys , and a half inch into my foot . that was very painful , it hit a vain and was bleeding pretty badly. i never knew that catfish had spine. ouch!!!
    Last edited by kayak456; 05-19-2013, 08:28 PM.

Sounds like the catfish are here too.

Comment

catfish are where to?

Comment

Thanks for the report. Make sure you really get that foot cleaned up well, a lot nasty bacteria on the spines of fish.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

yeah i got it cleaned as good as i can. i hope it heals

Comment

Never fished the Patuxent, but those are good sized fish. Potomac is my go to place for catfish.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
            X