Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

perch report, plus a big catfish suprise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perch report, plus a big catfish suprise!

today after school me and 2 friends went to my pier in blackwlanut cove and fished for perch. i already had about 50 minnows in my aquarium so we got those and set off to my pier. we had caught about a dozen perch each uusing minnows under bobbers. and most perch were good size (8-12) inches. had my bobber go under, waited 5 seconds for the "perch" to swallow the fairly large minnows i was using , set the hook and the think took off like a rocket. fought him for 5 minutes on 6 pound line and got this sob in my hands. he was about 10-12 pounds and fought like a train. good times...
    -Andrew

ResizedImage_1369267019104.jpg

Nice catch! I can feel your fun! Hope you and your buddies have many more good times.
    Hobie Pro Angler 12
    WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Nice going Andrew. That pond holds quite a variety of fish.

Comment

don, the only think i have ever caught back there was perch and baby rockfish, a big eel, and last year a 16 inch drum. i usually fish exlusivly with lures or minnows, i never really bottom fish. maybe if i did i woyld get more catfish. i will go this weekend with some cut perch. im going to "the spot where we use storm shads'' tonight , i will let you know how i did later

Comment

Good luck. Too much wind for me today. South wind is the worst, blows right into the mouth of the river, right off the bay.

Comment

yeah, i might go to black walnut if the wind is to much, we are going chumming this weekend on the boat if you eant to come, i might go to west marine tommorow so we can talk if you want to. i might try carp fishing at the spot because i have seen alot splashing

Comment

Thanks for the Report Andrew.... was that a channel cat you caught?

Comment

i think, i was told that it was a chnanel by some but others called it a mud cat. i got a call from a neighbor today saying they caught 3 8 inch croakers and a 24 inch cat in the south river today

Comment

Working...
                X