No announcement yet.

Susky Flats Monday 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow day...Two rockfish. One @ 22" and one @ 18". Also caught a 38" carp, I was praying it was a huge rock, but once it got closer to the kayak I could tell it was a carp by the way it was fighting. Eventually I saw those huge scales, they are nasty! Slimed my whole yak...but I can't complain because eventually it will make it to the leaderboard once Goody sends me the pics

Good luck tomorrow, the weather looks beautiful...I will be working

Went South today out of Tydings. My usual spot was not productive, I ended up trolling towards the two small "tree" islands close to the peir for Swan Harbor. One fish was caught on the Blue Sardine xrap. The other was caught on a Lucky Craft sp100 jerkbait that I was trolling...it was bright blue with a chartreuse bottom. Both in 9-10ft of water.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
      Slow day...Two rockfish. One @ 22" and one @ 18". Also caught a 38" carp, I was praying it was a huge rock, but once it got closer to the kayak I could tell it was a carp by the way it was fighting. Eventually I saw those huge scales, they are nasty! Slimed my whole yak...but I can't complain because eventually it will make it to the leaderboard once Goody sends me the pics

Good luck tomorrow, the weather looks beautiful...I will be working

Went South today out of Tydings. My usual spot was not productive, I ended up trolling towards the two small "tree" islands close to the peir for Swan Harbor. One fish was caught on the Blue Sardine xrap. The other was caught on a Lucky Craft sp100 jerkbait that I was trolling...it was bright blue with a chartreuse bottom. Both in 9-10ft of water.
      Thanks for the update and awesome job with the rock! Bet that carp put up a good fight as well! Will post how we did tomorrow!

Comment

Just got some pics!
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Man -- that net was an overachiever to hold two-thirds of the huge carp. Congratulations on getting a memorable fish.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Is Tydings at the same place as the Drug and alcohol treatment center???

Comment

Toyomo and I will be launching from Tydings. We'll be at the ramp around 6am.
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

No, that's eleanor & millard tydings park...you don't want to go there, not without back up!

That launch takes you to the southern tip of the flats. You want Tydings Marina, which is in the town of Havre de Grace itself. There is also a promenade...it should come up with a basic internet search.

Originally posted by Mini-X View Post
                Is Tydings at the same place as the Drug and alcohol treatment center???
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Are you talking about the Millard Tydings Memorial Park?

Comment

Yes, that's the one. If you google map the location you will see all the boats and a small island next to the marina.

Are you talking about the Millard Tydings Memorial Park?
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks. I plan on going tomorrow but it will be later in the morning due to the drive from NAS Patuxent.

Comment

Alright, Went to Susky Flats Monday and finnally broke the dry spell on not catching any fish. Caught 14 Stripers (Rock fish). First time catching this species. None of them were over 12 inches but it didn't matter to me. Loved it!!! Mustafa, thanks for the tip on the color pattern`. It worked well.

Comment

That's awesome bro! It was great meeting you and I hope we get to fish together in the future!

Alright, Went to Susky Flats Monday and finnally broke the dry spell on not catching any fish. Caught 14 Stripers (Rock fish). First time catching this species. None of them were over 12 inches but it didn't matter to me. Loved it!!! Mustafa, thanks for the tip on the color pattern`. It worked well.
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                            Slow day...Two rockfish. One @ 22" and one @ 18". Also caught a 38" carp
                            That nasty carp gets you a citation

Comment

What did you use to catch the Carp?

Comment

I snagged him on a blue sardine xrap #10. I caught him in the dorsal fin...so I am not sure if he went after the lure or was just unlucky. The flats are thick with large carp.

What did you use to catch the Carp?
                                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
                                X