REPORT: Speckled Trout- Tangiers Sound 5-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORT: Speckled Trout- Tangiers Sound 5-27

First Bayside trip in the new Hobie Adventure... 2mph SW Wind... Sunrise at 550am... Low tide at 930am.... fished 530ish to 730ish am... back to the house before the family is out of Bed. 5 Speckled 20-26 inches... all 8-18 inches of water on 3/4 ounce Spro-jigs (white and white/green) fished over sand spots nice grass. Great Morning

trout3 5-27.jpgtrout 5-27.jpg

so Hale, why don't you host the Hooper's Island Meet and greet?
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Tangier Sound is way south of Hoopers.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

but way closer than St Mary's co......we need a east shore guy to step up
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

yeah I'm not far from the Va line... Great spring fishing

Comment

Congratulations on the nice specs. I fished with Walleye Pete last Tues in the same general area. We did well on large trout that day too.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by hale3333 View Post
              yeah I'm not far from the Va line... Great spring fishing
              Nice specks! Sounds like you live near me, always looking for someone to join up with. Send me a PM if you want to go sometime.
              Gary

Comment

WTG! Very nice speck.

BTW. Fishing reports don't go in the Main Forum. MD fishing reports go under The Boatyard. VA reports go under Waters Beyond- Virginia. Other reports go under DE, Everywhere Else, etc. You may want to ask the administrator for a switch.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  WTG! Very nice speck.

BTW. Fishing reports don't go in the Main Forum. MD fishing reports go under The Boatyard. VA reports go under Waters Beyond- Virginia. Other reports go under DE, Everywhere Else, etc. You may want to ask the administrator for a switch.
                  Thanks ....was wondering why there were never any fishing talk threads here

Comment

Working...
                  X