Buzzing the 'Woman and Farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzing the 'Woman and Farewell

Made it a weekend of fishing with the old man before I get sent off to Europe next month for a few years. Decided to try this Potomac creek that seems to get a lot of attention...turns out, for good reason.

Fished from 3 pm to 830 on Saturday (wow, windy) and I caught 36 bass. Hit the early morning bite for 4-5 hours Sunday morning and got 17 more, today only managed 12 with the place pretty much packed with boats and fished out. Lots of great size in these bass, what a fishery. So, 65 bass in 3 sessions and most I caught sized between 16-19 inches, and several 4+ pounders at 20/21". One of those times where taking pictures was secondary to fishing. Thumbs are raw, arm is sore. Attached are some random ones I stopped for to catch my breath.

Thanks to everyone on the site for pointers, tips, and advice...I've been fishing all my life and this area for only a year but for my money delmarva is world class--so many different great options. Enjoy it while you can! I'll be checking in and living vicariously

-Ryan

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpgimage.jpg

That's alot of bass! You should have a sponsor on the side of that kayak of yours!

Thank you for your service and be safe!! FYI, I topped your leaderboard carp by 1", LOL
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
      FYI, I topped your leaderboard carp by 1", LOL
      Damn
      That WAS my proudest moment ever. Time to go carping again...haha

Comment

As long as we practice catch and release on the bass they will still be there- Mattawoman is probably one of the best quality bass fisheries in the area- the archery guys with the night light rigs have thinned the snakeheads down a bit but there are still a lot of big snakeheads there, too-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Hey Fred,
          I too would like to thank you for your service. I hope you are able to enjoy your next duty station as much as this one. May the Lord ALWAYS keep the wind at your back!!
          2015 Outback
          2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Good luck on your next duty station and be safe.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Nice bass! Enjoy Europe, and the silurus...
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

nice bass good luck!
                D Hawk
                Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
                Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Originally posted by FRED driver View Post
                  Made it a weekend of fishing with the old man before I get sent off to Europe next month for a few years. Decided to try this Potomac creek that seems to get a lot of attention...turns out, for good reason.

Fished from 3 pm to 830 on Saturday (wow, windy) and I caught 36 bass. Hit the early morning bite for 4-5 hours Sunday morning and got 17 more, today only managed 12 with the place pretty much packed with boats and fished out. Lots of great size in these bass, what a fishery. So, 65 bass in 3 sessions and most I caught sized between 16-19 inches, and several 4+ pounders at 20/21". One of those times where taking pictures was secondary to fishing. Thumbs are raw, arm is sore. Attached are some random ones I stopped for to catch my breath.

Thanks to everyone on the site for pointers, tips, and advice...I've been fishing all my life and this area for only a year but for my money delmarva is world class--so many different great options. Enjoy it while you can! I'll be checking in and living vicariously

-Ryan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7093[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7094[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7095[/ATTACH]
                  Fred,

Hey it was nice to meet you and your dad on Monday at Mattawoman. Glad you got to do some quality fishing before you head overseas.

Good luck and thank you for your service!

Comment

Originally posted by gafisherman View Post
                    Fred,

Hey it was nice to meet you and your dad on Monday at Mattawoman. Glad you got to do some quality fishing before you head overseas.

Good luck and thank you for your service!

Thanks bud nice meeting you as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly
                      i just saw your thread. sorry to here you'll be out of the country for awhile. seems like you pretty much rock the local fishing. hopefully, it will be in good shape when you get home.
                      I've had some great trips but due almost exclusively to the tips I've gotten on here, mattawoman included.
                      It will be a great place to come back to

Comment

I'm glad you had time with your dad and such good fishing before heading out.
                        Hobie Pro Angler 12
                        WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by FRED driver View Post
                          Damn
                          That WAS my proudest moment ever. Time to go carping again...haha
                          You both topped mine! Good luck over there man. Let us know how you're doing. We'll keep the fish company for you while you're gone.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                          Alan

Comment

Working...
                          X