Report on SPSP in the evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report on SPSP in the evening

Decided to chance the boating traffic and tried SPSP this evening from around 3:30 pm till 8:30 pm. I was pleasantly surprised to find very little traffic on the water.

Folks were coming in with keeper Rocks: bucktails out at the rock piles.

I wasn't so lucky. I didn't want to try to paddle out there by myself so I stayed along the western shoreline. I pulled a bucktail and a grub 6 miles. My only success was a 2-foot span cow nose ray. Got it on the 5" grub and got it up to the kayak. Had to break the line because I didn't want to drag that into the boat.

That ray did break a new YakAttack 1.5 ball mount when it hit the line (snapped the neck under the ball). Does anyone know if they offer any kind of a warranty on their products?

I didn't have my waterproof case for the phone so I don't have photos... I need to get my GoPro rigged up on the boat.

You're lucky you only got a baby! I had one taking me for a ride and I couldn't do much with a rod in my hands and no Mirage Drive in my OC. I cut him off and about 50 yards of line. before things got too dicey.

I really hope that the restaurants that are pushing them come up with a great way to serve them so that more people will eat the damn things and cut down their numbers.

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

My last trip out of St. J's Creek was a four ray trip- each one was a full grown fifty pound cow nosed ray, one foul hooked in the nose, three in the wings- two on XRaps- two on jigs- my advantage was revolving spool reels with thirty pound braid and good quality Sglas W&McGill Flats Blue rods- damn near unbreakable rods- I slept good that night-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
        Decided to chance the boating traffic and tried SPSP this evening from around 3:30 pm till 8:30 pm. I was pleasantly surprised to find very little traffic on the water.

Folks were coming in with keeper Rocks: bucktails out at the rock piles.

I wasn't so lucky. I didn't want to try to paddle out there by myself so I stayed along the western shoreline. I pulled a bucktail and a grub 6 miles. My only success was a 2-foot span cow nose ray. Got it on the 5" grub and got it up to the kayak. Had to break the line because I didn't want to drag that into the boat.

That ray did break a new YakAttack 1.5 ball mount when it hit the line (snapped the neck under the ball). Does anyone know if they offer any kind of a warranty on their products?

I didn't have my waterproof case for the phone so I don't have photos... I need to get my GoPro rigged up on the boat.
        I would definitely call yakattack and speak with luther about the product malfunction. He stands behind his products and is very interested in hearing about if they break so he can try to fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X