Bay Bridge 5.30.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 5.30.13

After the captains meeting and some food with a few guys for the CCA striper tournament, I decided to put in a little trolling at the bridge. After about 15 minutes after launching and rigging up on the run, I looked up to watch the one rod I had in the water at the time double over. At first I didn't see any typical fighting at the rod tip so I hit the rudder to one side and pulled the rod from my trolling holder. Then I felt a fish. After a quick fight, I yakked a healthy 28 3/4"er.

As I was getting my phone out to photo this fish, I heard a bloop...it was my dry case along with my keys.

So, I write this, sitting here waiting for my wife to bring a spare...

image.jpg
    Last edited by echo5oscar; 05-30-2013, 10:30 PM.

Haha thanks for the report.

That's why I always put the keys in a zipper pocket on the life vest.

Comment

Wow...that really sucks, but at least you got a nice fish.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. I got a keychain with a hook, and it always hook on my life vest.

Comment

Sort of...too big to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
            Sort of...too big to keep.
            Too big to keep?

Comment

Bad luck...I have mine stored in the center hatch in the provided bucket along with my wallet. That's a good size fish.

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Doh!!
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

ive always thought of this happening to me!
                  sigpic

Comment

Things like this happen to me if I rush and don't put things where I do on a normal day. Was in a hurry to get on the water.

Comment

Do a search for "key buoy" on ACK. Wont help if you have your keys in the dry box though.

Comment

Nice fish btw. If you are ever looking for someone to go out with shoot me a pm I plan on doing a good amount of bridge fishing this summer.

Comment

After the flat die down, I would like to fish the BB...now that I have to constantly feed my rockfish addiction. I have been reading numerous articles online and learning all the different techniques. Seems like jigging is the most common, something I haven't done for rockfish yet. Good excuse to by more lures! Any recommendations for jigging (metal). I have plenty of hair jigs with trailers, xraps, and BAs.

I feel like the poser skaterboy. I got all the cool gear, but can't do an ollie!
                          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                            After the flat die down, I would like to fish the BB...now that I have to constantly feed my rockfish addiction. I have been reading numerous articles online and learning all the different techniques. Seems like jigging is the most common, something I haven't done for rockfish yet. Good excuse to by more lures! Any recommendations for jigging (metal). I have plenty of hair jigs with trailers, xraps, and BAs.

I feel like the poser skaterboy. I got all the cool gear, but can't do an ollie!
                            You should be able to get them on BAs using 3/8-3/4 oz jighead. Many Striper are caught jigging BKDs too...

BTW, nice report echo5oscar, sorry about the lost keys... If you decide to make a scuba diving mission atleast they would still be dry?
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                              BTW, nice report echo5oscar, sorry about the lost keys... If you decide to make a scuba diving mission atleast they would still be dry?
                              Lol, nope. The box was wide open. Had it been closed, I would probably have found them floating. Was a watertight box.

Comment

Working...
                              X