• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croaker reports/ M&G Review

Meet and Greet Blog post!!

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...man-creek.html

Severn Croaker Post

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...f-croaker.html

Thanks for following. Hope it helps you find some fish.

Nice fish and great report.
    "I own my own happiness"........ Michelle Obama

Comment

I had a good day catching croaker before the rain moved in this afternoon. Goody and I launched out of Jonas Green Park, jigged the piers for perch. Eventually we made it to the bridge pilings and bounced cooked shrimp on a top and bottom rig. We caught plenty of keeper perch and Croaker...since I am new to the salt life, this was my first time catching croaker. They filet nicely!

I should have introduced myself at the Meet and Greet Matt, I did not realize that was you. I was trying to give you some personal space with the lady. I was the guy that anchored close to you in the olive outback catching catfish. I got my first snakehead, so I was just finishing the day with some good cat pullage.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I caught some croaker at the mouth of Weems Creek this afternoon on Fishbites. The Fishbites were at least a year-old in an opened bag, but the croaker did not care. It is great to have a non-perishable bottom fishing bait on hand. I tear off 1" long sections and hook them through the middle.

Matt mentioned leaving his rods in the rod holders when bottom fishing. I do that most of the time. I use small snelled circle hooks with silver spinner blades (Bear Paw FNCH 2 or 4) on standard bottom rigs. The fish hook themselves and rarely take the bait deep into their throats.

I also found a greater abundance of perch in my usual Weems shorelines spots. In two of my better spots, I had either a caught perch or a bite on about every second cast.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
          I had a good day catching croaker before the rain moved in this afternoon. Goody and I launched out of Jonas Green Park, jigged the piers for perch. Eventually we made it to the bridge pilings and bounced cooked shrimp on a top and bottom rig. We caught plenty of keeper perch and Croaker...since I am new to the salt life, this was my first time catching croaker. They filet nicely!

I should have introduced myself at the Meet and Greet Matt, I did not realize that was you. I was trying to give you some personal space with the lady. I was the guy that anchored close to you in the olive outback catching catfish. I got my first snakehead, so I was just finishing the day with some good cat pullage.
          It was probably smart of you to keep your distance, I ending up teaching her how to cast a baitcaster... and we all know how that can go for beginners haha

Congrats on Snakey and the croaks... they both are fun to catch.. and I'm sure I'll see you on the water again soon to officially meet and greet.

BTW your outback looked super sharp out there!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            Matt mentioned leaving his rods in the rod holders when bottom fishing. I do that most of the time. I use small snelled circle hooks with silver spinner blades (Bear Paw FNCH 2 or 4) on standard bottom rigs. The fish hook themselves and rarely take the bait deep into their throats.
            I really only like keeping them in the rod holders for croakers, because they will actually hit the bait with some force... with perch and spot and other species they have a little more sensitive bite, so I prefer to keep the rod in hand.

Comment

Working...
            X