6/12/13 Severn River Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/12/13 Severn River Report

With the slight chance of Thunderstorms MytMouse and myself decided to take our chances and hit the Severn. We launched around 4:30pm to some hot and muggy weather. We first went to our preferred jigging location and found our spot in 16-19 feet of water. Once there We started catching some nice perch up to 11" with constant action. Myt even snagged a nice keeper croaker. The current was perfect then it came to a dead stop and the perch stopped biting. From there we paddled to our location where MetroMan, Grady Black, and I caught some nice croaker last week. We arrived at this location with bloodworms and raw shrimp . On the first drop I landed a nice croaker followed by another one. The action was pretty consistent with nice croaker, small perch and a few spot. As the sun started to set the weather was no longer hot and made for an excellent evening of fishing. Got off the water ambefore dark with plenty for dinner . I had leftover shrimp and BWs so I gave them to a shore fisherman with his younger son. They didnt have any bait so he was very appreciative. Before pulling the yak off the beach the gentlemen pulled in a nice croaker with his son cheering him on. Must have made his day. The croaker are still plentiful so go get em.

Nice! thanks for the report
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Yeah Shane and I got on them again Monday night.

Comment

Foursteps, Thanks for the report, I am planning to head out on Saturday.
        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I wish I could get out with you fish but I have some family plans. BW and Shrimp combo on a size 4 or 2 hook is all you need. Straight BW will get you some perch and spot

Comment

Good to hear foursteps, thanks! Hope to fish together again soon!
            Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Just sent you a PM

Comment

Good catch. You got some pullage. What size were the croakers? Have you located any horse croakers yet?

Comment

Foursteps I sent you PM. I'm up to fish with some of you this weekend if you're hitting the Severn.
                  2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I wouldnt say I located the horse croaker yet but they were nice eating size. The biggest was 14 inches but the others were 10"-13".

Comment

It was a blast out there! Much needed and therapeutic to say the least! When we first launched we headed to my honey hole, while I was looking for it I had an interesting convo with Foursteps:

Me: You ain't done rigging your rod yet? I need you to get over here and help me find this honey hole!
                      Foursteps: Wait.... how is this YOUR honey hole if you don't know where it is!??
                      Me: That's how I keep it a secret... I forget where it is so people can't pull it outta me! LOL

We eventually found it. It's just the downed pylon from the old bridge. But it takes a minute to find it on the FF. It wasn't the hottest I have seen the bite, but it was good pullage!!

Comment

I missed out on this trip. I was at home trying to find the honey hole. Skunked.
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Just about all the "honey holes" are producing right now- there is good fishing about everywhere you normally catch fish-
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I was hoping to go to SPSP earlier this morning... But I woke up around 3 a.m. and it was blowing up a gale. So I checked the forcast and its supposed to settle down in the afternoon. And that coincides with the low tide (slack-low around 4:30 p.m.).
                            So the new plans are to get out around noon at JG. Hope to see some of you all there.

Comment

Working...
                            X