Severn River/JG Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River/JG Park

Met Karl out on the water today. He's got a stunning hand-built, wooden kayak. it was fun to paddle and talk. the foshing turned put to be pretty gppd. I wouldn't say it was a "limit" day but the fishing is on at Jonas Green Park. Got a late start due to the weather and switched to JG instead of SPSP due to morning weather and a wife's honey-do task. Got out on the water at 4:30 p.m.
    The white perch were hitting at the turn of the slack tide on grocery store shrimp and Gulp bloodworms. They got lockjaw one the tide really started to come in. But then the croaker bite took off: just shrimp. Lots of 8.5 inches at first.
    I was fishing a top/bottom rig and getting lots of bites and I didn't have time to switch out another light rod's trout set-up: a small splits hot and a nice octopus hook. So I baited that up and threw it out without much hope since it was nowhere close to getting to the bottom (my other rig was only producing 9" croakers on the bottom dropper).
    Suddenly my trout rod doubled over (Ugly Stick earned it's name) and the drag started to run... Ended up with a 14" croaker on the drifting set-up. It produced another 12" croaker and lots of sub legal fish.
    So I got back to JG at about 9 p.m.
    I didn't fill a cooler, but I have some nice fish for breakfast the biggest croaker I ever caught. I'll post more from my GoPro tomorrow... Here are two photos from the back hard before I cleaned them for to orrpw's breakfast. image.jpgimage.jpg

Good report. I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon/evening.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I was out there last Monday with Goody. We had success at the piers jigging for perch. We caught most of our croaker against the middle bridge piling dropping straight down and drifting. Around 20ft of water with cooked shrimp on top and bottom rig.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Went out yesterday at sunrise. Cold, rainy, and windy. Wish I waited till afternoon. Caught all croaker at the drop off directly off the beach.
        -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Working...
        X